Download a project via Internet

GonzaloRoldan_

Hi everyone!

I'm developing a project with UniLogic v1.25.61 for the UniStream USP-104-B10. 

I would like to know if there's any way to donwload a project via Internet to a PLC that is connected to it (internet, not in the same network).

The PLC is working as a WebServer, and has its own static IP address.

Thanks in advance!

Gonzalo

@Flex727 I need to download the program I have in my laptop to a UniStream that is 400km away from me, so, I have to do it through Internet, and the thing is that I want to do it directly from UniStream, putting the static IP address of the PLC in the software and clicking on "Full Download", but at the moment, I haven't been able to do it.

That's it @Ausman.. I want to do what you've said. If you can do that with Vision, I would like to know how do you do @Flex727, no matter that it's other software, it could help me anyway.

I haven't tried this yet, I'll do it tonight:

6 hours ago, AlexUT said:

Hi,

To communicate and download project to UniStream:

Disable "Use Ping on Discovery" option in "Project->Options" UniLogic menu.

B.R.

Thanks in advance @AlexUT!

• MVP 2023

I'm at a loss here. Are we mixing up the terms UniStream and UniLogic? @GonzaloRoldan_, says he agrees with @Ausman, but still sounds like he wants to go from his laptop to the UniStream PLC using the UniLogic software.

What I have done many times is download a program from my computer over the internet to a Vision PLC using VisiLogic. I have done this with PLCs as far away as 8,500 miles (Dallas, TX to Brisbane, Australia). It helps to increase the value of SI 101 first.

Yes @Flex727, you're right, I'm mixing up the terms (I apologise for that). I want to do what you've said. Use UniLogic to download my project into a remote UniStream PLC, and I've not been succesful in doing that yet.

I'll consider everthing all of you have said and I will try it tonight. I'll let you know the results.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I've already tried what you've all said, but it's still not working.

I portforward the PLC and I can access throught a different network to the WebServer writing the static IP address following to the port: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41080 (that's the port I've chosen).

When I try to download a project to that PLC, I cannot establish the connection with it:

image.png.ca9d7a4c5cdf355a5088c6bdedfa930d.png

PS: I have already disable "Use Ping on Discovery" option in "Project->Options" UniLogic menu.

9 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Good troubleshooting.  Thanks for letting us know the solution.

Joe T.

You're welcome @Joe Tauser, that's the way this forum works 😁.

One more question...

Leaving the ports open, is there anyway to prevent (or protect) unwanted access to our PLCs? I mean, if someone knows the IP address of it and also the Online and Download ports, any project can be downloaded to the PLC. Is it possible to ask for an authentication before being able to download a project in it? Or is there any other inderect way to protect it?

Thanks in advance!

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, Gabriel Franco said:

I think it only works for Vision family, not Unistream.

SERIOUSLY?  The much vaunted Unistream does NOT have an inbuilt mechanism to prevent ANYONE with certain info getting into the system?  I can't believe this!  Surely there must be some way.

cheers, Aus

• 2 weeks later...