Today's lighthearted relief...add yours as necessary.

Ausman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

In using one of my older PCs to do something, I was again reminded of how the likes of XP did some things so much better.  One click for things that now take 4, windows remembering their sizes and locations without an additional program needed that is always a bit hit and miss, simple programs that just do what they need to do without any extras, etc etc. 

But the real memory jolt was old screensavers.  They were needed back then to stop screen burn, but have been lost..... and some aspects of these I'd shifted to deep recesses of my memory.   Quirky stuff that seems to have gone away in favour of slideshows etc.

Remember 3D pipes?  For those youngies who don't even know what I'm talking about, put the attached sspipes.scr into Sys32 and run from there, just for a look at it.  And here's the EXTRA fun bit...if you run it long enough your brain will notice a very, very, very  occasional oddity...a junction will be a teapot!   I remember the first time I noticed this and thought I was going nuts, as it disappeared quickly due to the restart once the screen was full. 

cheers, Aus

_2.JPG.383dd4de78b30af0f7e852b1180dbf30.JPG_3.JPG.e3238a7210e0a539d81d0187aaafcab4.JPG

sspipes.scr

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023

Yes....but there's no "teapot" available as a junction!  I've always pondered what else might be lurking there for other shapes, but it would be such a big time consumer.

As a side issue, noticed how the right click STILL works?  Like so much other stuff, the original basics of Windoze are still in play, just often hidden by "more user friendly" links.   eg run control.    Bleagh..

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

In reading an article on a site I don't normally use due to it's constant over-reactions to anything, I came across this great typo.

Vaults2.jpg.e0e554908b66bd6371fe54ab957ee0cb.jpg

I reckon I'd be an excellent vaulter with 11,000 volts up my bum.  Especially with some plasma balls!

cheers, Aus