Urgent topic ( NO INFO PASSWORD )

Hi all,
I'm using V350 35  RA22 plc model and plc hmı is not showing somehow. PLC code is downloading in plc but there is a error like that. PLC is secure itself somehow. What can I do? PLC 

is stucking stop. How can I return this plc to start mode 

On 8/4/2024 at 8:15 AM, Joe Tauser said:

What version of Visilogic are you using?

If using 9.9.0 or 9.9.1, did you include the INFO Password set function in your logic?

Joe T.

As you can see in the photo, the controller is not running mode, the functions and  program  are not working-this is not a problem in the ladderer program, problem in OS after the update to 4.13(26)  and higer

On 8/4/2024 at 12:15 AM, Joe Tauser said:

What version of Visilogic are you using?

If using 9.9.0 or 9.9.1, did you include the INFO Password set function in your logic?

Joe T.

So, Joe,

Are you saying that after version 9.9.0 that it is now required to enter an INFO password, rather than the default "1111" that has been there for years?

Like others I'm noticing a lot of questions regarding this on the forum, and it has me puzzled.

I'm still using 9.8.65 (as we always say, "don't upgrade just because you can"), but it has me curious, this seems to be a change that is catching folks off guard.

Is this a topic that needs to be "pinned"?

• MVP 2023
7 hours ago, Alexcold said:

this is not a problem in the ladderer program

Now it is.

Take a look at the version changes notes for version 9.9.0.  After the Great Hacking, having the user set a different password for INFO other than the default "1111" - 

"Network Level protection is the responsibility of the user.  This version of VisiLogic requires you to change default passwords and implement complex passwords, and comprises new features to protect Vision and Samba controllers. These include mandatory password protection for PCOM communications via Ethernet, a method enabling you to block remote access actions initiated via PCOM, and to change the Information Mode default password via Ladder."

So you need to add that function to your ladder code.  

6 hours ago, John_R said:

Is this a topic that needs to be "pinned"?

I think it probably does.

Joe T.

@Joe TauserThanks for pinning this.
I am going to think of creative ways to draw attention to the issue--namely, that updating olders versions to 9.9.0 requires users to  assign a password. It's a problem, because many people don't read my beautifully crafted release notes. I myself often just click continue continue continue when installing updates to known software...

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

I'm just getting started with 9.9.01 as well and I'm also having the problem. Here is what I did:

Successfully installed VisiLogic 9.9.01 (as administrator).

Run 9.9.01 (as administrator).

Opened project file previously saved with 9.8.96.

Added the necessary startups for INFO Password and PCOM Password.

Successfully updated the firmware on the PLC.

Downloaded the updated project.

"Stop reason: No INFO Password"

image.png.e6872a923eada4afa682710273bf34f0.png

What to do?

• MVP 2023

Flex727, please let me know the model and, if possible, the year of manufacture of the PLC used for the experiment.

I think that the problem can occur in certain types of controllers that were released a long time ago, or it is related to the state of the PLC battery.

Additional questions for clarification:

- does the PLC communicate in this state and is the loaded application saved in the PLC memory?

- is it possible to see in the operands the fact that the password really changed to 2222?

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, kratmel said:

Flex727, please let me know the model and, if possible, the year of manufacture of the PLC used for the experiment.

V1210-T20BJ, S/N: W7P52G10005, Ethernet card installed, PLC battery appears good. I don't know the year of manufacture, but it's probably 4-5 years old.

- does the PLC communicate in this state and is the loaded application saved in the PLC memory?

Yes, I am able to go online with the PLC (see screen cap above that shows MI 4000 has 2222 for its value). The application appears to be intact through power cycle as you can see the Start-Up Display flash briefly before the PLC goes into Stop Mode with the No INFO Password error.

- is it possible to see in the operands the fact that the password really changed to 2222?

Yes, the screen cap above indicates the value and I just went into INFO Mode (the password for INFO Mode is still '1111') and checked the value of MI 4000 there and it shows 2222.

Interesting note, I can Reset from the VisiLogic Connection menu that does reset the PLC and results in the same error, but when I click the Run button it comes back with "STATUS: Conflict Run/Stop on the PLC screen, but remains in Stop Mode..

It looks to me like the Set Info Password FB did not execute, but it is in rung 2 of the Main Routine. [Edit to add that I added an Increment FB to the end of the rung and the rung definitely executes.]

Hi I have exactly the same issue with a V700, I tried everything that is here on the forum but nope keeps coming up with No info password and if I use function block in ladder it comes up with run/stop conflict error message just like Flex mentioned in his post.

• MVP 2023
44 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

It looks to me like the Set Info Password FB did not execute, but it is in rung 2 of the Main Routine.

Try to move to rung 1...

Ausman use simple Store direct FB to place constant password to SI253.  Please try to test this solution.

• Thanks 1

• MVP 2023
5 minutes ago, kratmel said:

Ausman use simple Store direct FB to place constant password to SI253.  Please try to test this solution.

I cannot change SI 253, either by changing directly while online nor by adding a Store Direct ladder rung. It is stuck on 1111 no matter what I do. Perhaps this is the root of the problem.

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, Flex727 said:

I cannot change SI 253, either by changing directly while online nor by adding a Store Direct ladder rung. It is stuck on 1111 no matter what I do. Perhaps this is the root of the problem.

I happened to be working on another project using 9.8.96 and I was able to change SI 253 easily while online. I think the fact that SI 253 is locked in my PLC is the problem, but I can't find anything that locks or unlocks that operand.

• MVP 2023

Please note:

1).  I only use 130s and my attempts were only with 9.9.0, so things may have changed with later edition re SI253.  I am awaiting confirmation of cures to problems directly raised with the Creators.  I eventually gave up after encountering a host of confusing issues.

2). Ensure that SDW10 is 0, ie no bits set at all.   Run some changes through this and then set back to 0 and reboot.  (Ensure you have manual input methods to reset it to 0 so that you don't get locked out!)

3).  Ensure that the PCOM password capacity  is fully utilised.

4).  Note that operations might be totally different with my usage only on 130s.

5).  Looking at my umpteen screenshots taken during all my failed testing, I actually have my pcom passwords displaying as hex.  Wondering if this make a difference?  I know it should not change anything..but who knows?!

• MVP 2023

PS.  I may  be able to get onto my test 130 and 9.9.0 version over the next 24 hrs to clarify some of these things.  Perhaps.......

Just also remembered that my plain old fashioned writing to info worked with it being a:

Capture16807-Aug-2421_23.jpg.52ea2da8dc624d1fd9969ffaac38f25b.jpg

Hi Ausman, I tried your suggestion with the old fashioned writing to info using a direct store to SI253, however same issue, but the I saw your comment about changing the password operant from a DEC to a HEX value and it worked. 🙂

• MVP 2023

That's great Mimi, but does "it worked" mean changing the PCOM password to hex then let the direct store to SI253 work?  Or using hex on SI253 made it work?

I first pondered this because on 130s I can't actually enter Hex into a numeric entry field set as Hex.  You have to enter the number as Dec, and then it displays as Hex.  I suspect it is because of the limited keyboard available on a 130.

Hopefully this all might give some pointers to the Creators.

If you have 1111 stored as a power up value in in SI253 it may be over writing the one you set in the ladder.

clear the power up box value that you have when you look up SI253 in the operand list.

then the ladder can set the new password.

• MVP 2023
23 minutes ago, sgull said:

If you have 1111 stored as a power up value in in SI253 it may be over writing the one you set in the ladder.

clear the power up box value that you have when you look up SI253 in the operand list.

then the ladder can set the new password.

In my case, no Power-Up in SI 253.