Battery replacement on V570

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The battery goes low in a Unitronics V570 at my printing machine, I want to replace the battery with the new one (Renata CR2450N).

Is it very very safe to replace the battery when V570 powered on, without back up data before?

How many seconds can we replace the battery without losing data when the V570 is on (because I don't have a PLC program).

• MVP 2023
9 hours ago, Gugun said:

Is it very very safe to replace the battery when V570 powered on, without back up data before?

I don't think it's safe EVER to run a PLC without some backup precautions haven been taken. Eventually something will happen requiring need for a backup.

9 hours ago, Gugun said:

How many seconds can we replace the battery without losing data when the V570 is on (because I don't have a PLC program).

The battery is only used when the 24V power is disconnected from the PLC. If the PLC is powered on, then there is no time limit for replacing the battery.

• MVP 2023

Gugun, are you able to connect to the 570 using Visilogic?  It's not difficult to do.  Get Visilogic at the link and once installed look up the help file for "PC" using the index tab, which will describe the connection process.

https://unitronicsplc.com/software-visilogic-for-programmable-controllers/

In theory the PLC program is "embedded" into the PLC, but the original programmer may have restricted access to extracting it from the unit.  However, the operational data which you may have "tailored" to your operation can be saved into a file for reloading if lost.  But it needs you running Visilogic and connected to the plc.  Advise if you can do this.

cheers, Aus

Hello Gugun,

Another possibility we do with our team on "sensible" PLCs is to make a full backup on a microSD card before. We have V430 here, and you cannot plug the 24V when removing the battery (mechanically impossible) so the backup is important. 

It requires to know the Service menu password and to have the SD Password defined in the project first.

Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...

i made serial communication cable using rj11 and 9 pin connector as the catalogue configuration , but when i connect it i couldn't get to plc to download , i faced 2 problems 

1- i use visilogic 9.8 when i connect it said that my os is old and need to be update 

2- then every time i make connection there is error that the connection maybe broken or com port or baud rate is wrong or other reasons.

what i do to download the program 

also i tried rs232 to usb adaptor but same results 

• MVP 2023

engahm, don't do the O/S update just yet.

I would not use 9.8 as your Visilogic program.  The O/S in the plc will likely match the program you have on your laptop.  Changing the O/S may  make the program not work correctly.

Going on O/S to Visilogic versions, you should be trying to use 9.4.0 which is not readily available, but you can likely get by on 9.3.1 which is here:

http://www.unitronicsplc.com/Download/SoftwareVersions/Visilogic/VisiLogicSetup_931.exe

Change your Visilogic installation to that version and see how it goes doing Joe T's suggestions.  I think you are still going to have comms issues, as it looks like you may have an adapter that doesn't do all the serial communications correctly.  Ensure that you have the wiring as follows, which is in the Help file anyway.

wire.jpg.7ef112900f02763cf3cf5b328ae9a9f1.jpg

cheers,

Aus