Vision & Samba PLC + HMI Controllers & VisiLogic Software

Welcome to the Vision and Samba series forum
Talk about issues related to the Vision and Samba PLC + HMI series and to VisiLogic software

3,915 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  1. colorize my life !

• 2 replies
  2. HMI Graphics

• 1 reply
  3. Warranty

• 5 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 3 replies
  4. Canopen data limit

• 1 reply
    • 1k views
    • 3 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. trend from data table

• 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. Modbus Master and Slave

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  7. Problem with PTO

• 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. PTO problem at high rate

• 1 reply
  9. activex error

• 1 reply
  10. Multiple Passwords

• 1 reply
    • 3k views
  11. I/O LC3

• 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
    • 1 reply
  12. More DT in SD

• 1 reply
  13. modbus tcp remote io

• 23 replies
    • 6.1k views
    • 4 replies
    • 3.7k views
    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Visilogic Version

• 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Com RS232

• 10 replies
    • 2.1k views
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    YK Chong
    Newest Member
    YK Chong

• Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

• A further note to the above where I say the adapter has the correct chipset type.....there are a number of models of that series  and only some of them are suitable for later Windows. Earlier ones will generally NOT play correctly on later Windoze versions. Hence my reference to the chip checker program.  It is perhaps worth repeating here that many on the forum have (cheap) old laptops with onboard serial ports, just for the purpose of needing to communicate to older devices.  Both the software needed and the ability are not possible in later Windows, to connect with something that still works a machine perfectly fine, communicated ok yesterday, but today won't talk at all due to a "progress" change.  It is all very frustrating.... cheers, Aus
    • OK.  + on Kratmel's ideas, but I also suggest that you have a look at the link below and try the new driver before you do anything else.  Your adapter does use the correct chipset type, but windows has stuffed things up repeatedly for this chip working correctly, needing lots of updating of drivers.  It may be that your previous usage was prior to hidden changes occurring. Take a system restore shot, then fully uninstall the old drivers, and correctly install the new.  And when I say fully uninstall, tick the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device", and reboot before putting in the new driver in the correct method and sequence.  Windows is notorious for over-riding correct PL-2303 driver choices if incorrect ones are still available on the system.  And turn off the ability for windows to "automatically update your drivers". Also use the "chipcheck" program on the same page to actually see if the chip you actually have is currently ok. Lastly, I actually have issues with virtual systems running these adapters correctly, likely because of "lost in translation" issues. https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41
    • Hello all. Is there any way to obtain readable tag values from the file saved when used the option "Upload PLC retained memory to PC"? Something similar to txt file saved with Visilogic. I want to write a document related to a process controlled by a Unistream (after project comisisoning) and do not have final configuration parameters written down.
    • Hello, A couple of feature requests for the HMI graphics please! 1. Linear and Circular Gauges - Maximum and minimum values (also known as Start/End values) of gauge scales to be able to be linked to tags 2. Circular Gauge - Full 360 (Thanks for this addition by the way!) - Add in a style that comes without a background to reduce the wasted space surrounding the dial when the background is hidden (approx. 50 pixels). Additionally I think there is scope for improvement on the UAC and the access/control certain users can have with this through UniApps. We are a OEM manufacturer of machinery to the Pharmaceutical sector and want to provide 21CFR Part 11 Compliance. Feedback from customers (through their URS') suggest the current method of User Access Control through Uniapps does not do enough to prevent deletion of users and hence re-use of electronic signatures which need to be assigned to a unique username (even if a user has been deleted). The way we would propose to get round this is to prevent the deletion of users, instead re-allocating them to a "disabled" user group. However, UniApps does not allow for the delete user button to be hidden/turn off. I am also not keen that to allow UAC management full access to UniApps is required which can allow editing of other data tables (recipes etc) which is far from ideal.  I have spoken to Ivgeny about this previously. I feel a lot of problems regarding this issue could be resolved if most UAC features could be add to the HMI toolbox as elements. This would negate the need to manage UAC through UniApps (hence UniApps can be made read only).  HMI toolbox elements would include creation of users, defining of user groups and access rights, changing passwords, password ageing settings etc. This would also allow OEMs to decide whether to provide a "Delete" button for user accounts and put 21CFR Part 11 compliance back into the hands of the software developer rather than the end user. Let me know of any feedback! 
    • Maybe this is actually a problem with the hardware of the programmable controller. However, for the test, I recommend using the information menu and if you manage to get there, put the PLC in STOP mode. If not, then you should remove the battery, wait without it for a while, and put it back after checking whether the voltage on it is higher than 3.0V. When disassembling the PLC, it is worth checking whether there is any chemical corrosion on the board. If it is, the PLC is unusable.
  • Blog Entries

Important Information

This site uses cookies. By clicking I accept, you agree to their use.