By Cara Bereck Levy in Unitronics' Blog: PLCs, HMIs and more 0If you haven't checked out the Unitronics Youtube for awhile, you may want to check out our UniLogic Tech Tidbits Playlist. The most recent Tidbit shows you how to create your own, reusable HMI Custom Controls.
After you create a control, you can drag and drop it from the Solution Explorer, export/import it between projects as .uluce files, or add it to the Library. You can also define tags that are local to a specific Custom Control, these tags will be exported/imported along with the control.
It's all in the link below!
By Cara Bereck Levy in Unitronics' Blog: PLCs, HMIs and more 5Hello - welcome back! The holidays are over, the New Year is here.
Here at Unitronics headquarters, we are at work, setting up our development Road Map for 2017.
As Unitronics users, you know that we pride ourselves on listening to our user community.
And so, we ask you:
What would you like Unitronics to develop in 2017?
You can post suggestions to this blog, PM me, or email me at email@example.com.
Here is a summary of Unitronics major developments in 2016, many of which were the results of user requests – so, without further ado, I hereby present:
The 2016 Unitronics Roundup!
New Samba models
Samba now offers the TA22 configuration in 3.5", 4.3", and 7" screen sizes.
· SM35/SM43/SM70 J-TA22 comprise 12 digital inputs, configurable as 1 hsc/shaft-encoder, 2 analog/digital, 2 thermocouple / pt100 inputs, and 8 pnp plus 2 analog outputs.
· SM70-J-RA22 offers a 7" screen and the same inputs as the TA22; the outputs comprise 4 relay and 4 npn outputs.
New Jazz models
· JZ20-T20HS offers 6 digital, 2 analog/digital, 2 analog, 3 high-speed inputs, and 8 transistor, plus 5 high-speed outputs supporting PWM via hardware configuration.
· JZ20-R16HS offers the same inputs, plus 6 Relay Outputs.
UniStream welcomed new I/O Modules:
· UIS-WCB2 Wide I/O comprises two temperature and 2 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, and 10 digital inputs, 10 digital pnp outputs including 2 high-speed outputs.
· Slim temp module UIS-4PTKN Comprising 4 RTD inputs that support PT1000/NI1000.
UniStream supports a KNX to MODBUS Gateway device, available as GW-KNX1.
Our Remote Operator mobile app for the Vision™ and Samba™ series, a major user request, was released in 2016—here are links for Apple and Android:
Here are some of the features we added to UniLogic in 2016:
User Access Control (UAC)
UAC enables you to require users to log in via the HMI application, and restrict access to HMI elements, including whether an element is visible or enabled.
· Access SQL databases via IP address or Hostname
· Build SQL Queries and execute them via Ladder functions
· Connect Data Tables to SQL databases and transfer data
HMI Screen to Web Page
Click to convert existing HMI Screens to Web Pages.
Reusable HMI Custom Controls
Create your reusable HMI Custom Control, drag and drop it from the Solution Explorer, export/import it between projects, and add it to the Library.
Hardware Interrupt: UID-0808THS
A new Scenario, Measure Length, supported by the UID-0808THS module, allows you to implement length measurement via hardware-based interrupt.
HMI File Selector Browser
Enable your operator to select files from an SD/DOK/memory stick, store the Path and Name of the selected file in a Data Tag.
Video Streaming Widget: RSTP
Allows you to provide the RSTP url in the format required by your particular application and device.
HMI Indirect Images
Display indirect images hosted on the SD card or DOK.
HMI Trends: FIFO
Display a Trend as Standard or FIFO.
HMI email Configuration Widget
Your users can add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of an e-mail via the HMI keyboard.
Web Server – new features
· Trends: view Trend graphs via web browser.
· mailto fields, and a new widget enable your users to add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of an e-mail via the HMI keyboard.
· A new Web Data Tables Widget allows a user to view, edit, and enter data via web browser.
Print to pdf
The Tools tab on the UniLogic ribbon offers Print Project, enabling you to print your Hardware Configuration and Ladder Modules.
· New Functions: Convert .CSV to UDTF, UDTF Count counts number of columns and rows
· email .csv files as attachments.
You can now run Modbus via Serial COM Module/USB ports
· Explicit Messages support for both Scanner and Adapter in addition to I/O (Implicit) messaging.
· Scanner Node support doubled, from 16 to 32.
Ladder Function: resolves a server IP address from its host name.
New functions for counters, Immediate Reset + new Scenarios
Pin/unpin, undock and float pane options. If you use two monitors, float panes onto different monitor screens.
USB keyboard support
Just plug a keyboard into the UniStream USB port.
Alarms - Additions
· Language Localization for French, Russian, Polish, Finnish and Czech.
· Alarm History Widget
By Cara Bereck Levy in Unitronics' Blog: PLCs, HMIs and more 2This was an excellent year - a year of growth - for the Unitronics community. We now number over 20,000 members!
I can back this up with hard statistics for 2016:
We welcomed over 3,000 new members to our user forum… …who made 2,100 posts … in 526 new topic! We all benefit from forum members who devote big blocks of time to helping others. These people put a lot of effort into writing detailed answers to questions and aiding others in trouble-shooting their applications.
This year, three of our top posters from 2016 were again top contributors to the Unitronics community.
Our top UniGuru MVPs for 2016 are:
Joe Tauser Barry Lanier (forum name: Flex727) Ausman In recognition of their fine work, the profiles of our MVPs will be marked with a new icon for 2016:
In recognition of their fine work, the profiles of our
MVPs will be marked with a new icon for 2016:
Our most valuable commodity is, always, time—to volunteer that time to help other people using your expertise is truly worthy of respect--thanks to you all!
The official Unitronics Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/UnitronicsWebinars is growing. In 2016, our top video clips were the:
Webinar: HMI Tricks and Tips for VisiLogic, with over 8,000 views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwhQkdbC6s PLC Training: Introduction to UniLogic, HMI + PLC Application Software, with over 6,000 views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV30MkDQYPk WEBINAR: Unitronics Vision - CANOpen, also with over 6,000 views:
Media - We're in the NEWS!
Unitronics was featured in a number of trade magazines in 2016—if you missed these articles, check 'em out now!
IEN, Industry Interview feature:
How Will Industry 4.0 Influence the Future of PLCs?
IEN feature article. Hardware Division
Benny Magrafta, Unitronics R&D Manager, Software Division, was extensively quoted:
HMI checklist: What to consider when shopping for an HMI solution
IEN - Industrial Products in Spotlight
IEN featured an application based on the UniStream PLC + HMI, 10.4, a project done for Djurdjevic is a meat production company based in Serbia
Is it possible for an automated system to run so efficiently you forget it’s there? We are proud to continue to bring you Unitronics true All-in-One value: our complete range of automation products and software from the pioneers of the PLC + HMI controller, backed by Unitronics unparalleled sales and tech support.
Enjoy them in 2017!!